“Stress is a natural part of life, something that everyone deals with at one stage or another and learning to deal with stress is an important learning curve.”
Stress is one of those things that can take over your mental and physical well being without you truly realizing it. So much time is spent wasted on stressing over things that are out of your control and on average over 40% of Americans have experienced the effects of stress on their physical health. Unfortunately, some of those effects can’t be helped/fixed without the help of a medical professional. So, to prevent them, it is extremely important that you identify the stresses in your life and learn to manage the stress and anxiety caused from them.
Now let’s talk about exactly how you can change your mindset to help manage your stress:
· STAY IN CONTROL! Learning how to manage your responsibilities, accomplish your goals and still have time for rest and relaxation requires that you manage your time efficiently.
· STAY HEALTHY! Don’t overlook your physical health because you feel so overwhelmed and busy with everyday life. Physical health is the first part of having a healthy mental health.
· STOP PROCRASTINATING! Procrastinating always seems like the best thing to do for your mental health in that moment, that is until you realize everything has piled up and you’re rushing around trying to complete everything at once.
· KNOW YOUR LIMITS! Realize that we all have limits. Learn to work within your limits and set realistic expectations for yourself and others.
· VENT! Don’t keep things bottled up. Speaking to someone about what is bothering you and stressing you can be a great way to help relieve stress and anxiety.
Once you can change your mindset to help reduce some of your stress, you’re on the right path. However, having NO stress in your life at all isn’t necessarily realistic, so here are some hobbies that you can look into that are proven to help you relax and relieve stress!
Moral of the story, everyone deals with stress & I promise you that you aren’t the only one. Don’t let the stresses of life get to you down to the point you can’t enjoy the little things in life. Our time on this planet is limited, so enjoy as much as you can and RELAX!